Tuesday 29 July 2014

Wild foods, David Wolfe, journaling with friends, and injured knee...

So much has gone on in the past month that I've hardly had time to think!! I've been learning about superfoods, superherbs, raw foods, wild foods, foraging... It's been interesting and fun.
Best part so far? Meeting, listening to, and talking to none other than David Wolfe! What an amazing couple of days I've had recently. The last two evenings I've spent at workshops, one where David headlined and the other where he was the only speaker. He's amazing. I feel honoured to have been able to meet him; talk to him; and lastly, have my picture taken with him!  

I've been having a good time on my lunch breaks and really, any time I'm outside, finding wild plants that are either eye catching or could have the possibility of being identified as a wild edible. I'm still learning so I haven't picked anything yet but I WILL learn more until I'm comfortable picking and using. For now, enjoy a few of the pics I've recently taken.













Between all this craziness, I've actually found a little time to craft, surprisingly. Not a lot of time but I did make a point of spending one afternoon with Lizzie from Lizzie's Workshop and this is what I accomplished that afternoon:


Yes, in the midst of all this craziness, let's add something more... I've injured my knee. Who knows how, who knows when... all I know is this is how swollen it was:

My girls took turns trying to help me though... how adorable!


And finally, one of my first harvests from my garden: Kale, beet leaves, swiss chard, and a couple of zucchini flowers. Gorgeous:

No comments:

Post a Comment