I had to take my mixed media class offline while I was teaching it at a local store here in town. Now that I'm not scheduled to teach in person I can again have it online. Only $6!! You simply can't go wrong!
Click here to see the project details
Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Monday, 25 August 2014
Do you use essential oils and/or have you heard of the many benefits they have? Could you imagine replacing your existing chemicals in your house with one (or more) of the following?
Pain Creams, Burn Ointments, Athlete's Foot Creams, Wart Removal Products, Sinus Tablets, Sleep Aids, After Shave, Deodorant, Skin Lotions, Chapped Lip Sticks, Cold Sore Balms, Bath Oils, Perfumes, Dandruff Shampoos, Insect Repellents, Moth Balls, Anti-Bacterial Cleaners, Lemonaid, Herbal Teas, Cooking Spices... the list goes on and on...
As part of my passion for real food and my current training in Holistic Nutrition, I’ve become more attuned to the amazing benefits of essential oils. After researching many companies I’ve decided upon Young Living Essential Oils to be my company of choice. I now buy all my essential oils at wholesale prices. The best part is, there is NO CATCH. You don’t have to distribute them, you don’t have to sell a certain amount. You are only asked to purchase $50/year to keep your wholesale membership.
Wholesale Members can also be Independent Distributors. This just means in addition to the wholesale pricing (24% off retail price), you also have the option of sharing the oils with your friends and family in order to earn commissions and participate in promotions for free oils. If becoming a Young Living Independent Distributor is something you are considering, please contact me. I will be more than happy to help you with getting your essential oil business up and running! Signing up as a wholesale member puts you under no obligation to distribute the oils. It simply means that you get to enjoy the benefits of a discounted wholesale membership and save 24% on everything you order, forever.
To become a member, you will need to fill out this form. Once you become a member, you can order as frequently or infrequently as you like. To maintain your wholesale membership, you need to order a minimum of $50 in product per year. Unless you decide to collect Essential Rewards points or earn a commission as an independent distributor, you do not need to meet any monthly minimums!
On the membership form you will be given the option of selecting a starter kit. We recommend purchasing this when you sign up to familiarize yourself with a variety of different oils right away. Canadians do not need to order a starter kit, unless they want to. (If you live in the USA and want to become a wholesale member, you will need to choose a starter kit.)
If you choose to order a starter kit, the best deal is the Premium Starter Kit ($173 plus tax and shipping). This kit (valued at over $300) contains everything you need to incorporate essential oils into your everyday life, including:
- The Everyday Oils Kit with 10 essential oils (retail price $182.89)
- Home diffuser (retail price $113.82)
- Mini samples of the best selling oils, a 5ml bottle of Stress Away essential oil, and samples of NingXia Red (a fabulous antioxidant drink)
- More information about Young Living essential oils and other products
When it comes to essential oils, Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. Young Living carefully monitors every step of the production of the oils from beginning to end through a unique seed to seal process, ensuring the purity of each essential oil and protecting nature’s living energy in every bottle. This unsurpassed commitment to quality means that you can be confident that Young Living essential oils are both safe and effective. Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting the best growing and harvesting methods. Their experts also travel the world visiting their co-op farms to verify that their growing and cultivating processes match their high standards. These operations provide an ongoing source for essential oils that meet Young Living’s demanding quality standards.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to ask. You can purchase Young Living therapeutic-grade essential oils in one of two ways: as a Wholesale Member (best option), just like I am, or as a Retail Customer. Either way, all I want is to introduce you to what I know and love. The following are all included in the starter pack, along with Stress Away, samples of four of the oils to share with friends and family, and a diffuser for the home. Of course, there is also a tiny starter kit but it doesn’t include any oils or the diffuser. It simply allows you to order at wholesale.
- Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
- Rub a drop of Lavender on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
- Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
- Mix several drops of Lavender oil with a carrier oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
- To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
- To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
- Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
- To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the affected area.
- Rub 2 to 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
- Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
- Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place with your linens to keep them smelling fresh to and repel moths and insects.
- Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
- Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer to deodorize and freshen your laundry.
- Put a drop of Lavender on a cold sore.
- Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate allergy symptoms.
- Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
- Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
- Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a aluminum spray bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener.
- Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
- Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
- To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
- Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
- Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
- Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
- Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
- Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and aid healing.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
- Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
- Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete’s foot.
- Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
- Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher’s block or other cutting surfaces.
PEPPERMINT - (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestive issues. Scientists have researched its effect on the liver and respiratory system as it improves concentration and mental accuracy. This plant is grown and distilled at the Young Living farms.
- Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
- Add a drop of Peppermint oil to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the area of injury to reduce inflammation.
- Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area (bruised shin, hit on the foot or hand) to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
- Rub several drops of Peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
- Apply a drop of Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
- For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with a carrier oil.
- Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
- Massage several drops of Peppermint oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
- To relieve a headache, rub a drop of Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck. Works well when blended with Lavender, too!
- To stop hiccups, apply a drop of Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the large vertebra at the base of the neck).
- Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
- Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil while taking a test to improve recall.
- Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
- Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
- To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops of Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
- Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to dispel the fumes.
- Place a couple of drops of Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water or coffee.
- To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
- Drink a drop of Peppermint oil, mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
- Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
- Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath.
- Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint oil to curb the appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
- Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and swabbing the tick. Wait for it to unhedge its head and remove from your pet.
- Mix Peppermint oil in a foot bath to relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated while soaking feet.
JOY - An exotic, luxurious blend of Lemon (Citrus limon), mandarin (Citrus reticulata), bergamot (Citrus bergamia), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), rose (Rosa damascena), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and jasmine (Jasminum officinale) that produces an uplifting magnetic energy and
brings joy to the heart. When worn as a cologne or perfume, Joy exudes analluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart and on the bottom of each foot to relieve feelings of frustration or depression.
- Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of the nose to uplift your mood.
- Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each ear and on wrists as a perfume.
- Rub a drop of Joy oil between your palms and then spread over the face and neck after shaving.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of the body with poor circulation to improve blood flow.
- Use a few drops of Joy on temples and breathe deeply for emotional headaches.
- Rub a few drops of Joy onto lower back to ease back pain.
- Rub on wrists, forearms, neck and heart to help lower stress induced blood pressure increases.
- Diffuse Joy or inhale to ease postpartum depression
- Massage a few drops across abdomen to relieve menstrual cramps.
- Place two drops on a cloth and use in dryer for beautiful smelling laundry.
- Rub a 1-2 drops on areas of poor circulation to increase blood flow.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the armpit area to use for a deodorant.
- Rub two drops of Joy oil on the heart, inner thighs and feet to increase libido.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Joy oil into potpourri to improve the fragrance.
PANAWAY - A blend of wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), which has an active constituent similar to cortisone; clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which
contains eugenol, used by dentists to numb gums; peppermint (Mentha piperita), which
is calming for nerves; and helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum), which is soothing for localized discomfort.
- Apply PanAway oil topically on an injured area to reduce inflammation and bruising. Works well in a dental emergency.
- Apply PanAway oil topically to sore muscles after exercising.
- Apply to minor bumps and bruises to promote healing.
- Use for pain relief due to arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the temples, forehead and back of the neck to relieve a headache.
- Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and massage on location to stop growing pains.
- Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on arthritic hands to lessen pain.
- Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the base of the spine to relieve sciatic pain.
- For arthritic pets, massage PanAway oil diluted with a carrier oil on location or a drop in the food.
PEACE & CALMING - A gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), patchouly (Pogostemon cablin) and blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) specially designed for diffusing. It promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace, helping to calm tensions and uplift spirits.
- Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil on the bottom of the feet and on the shoulders before bedtime to get good quality sleep.
- Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the room to calm overactive or hard to manage children.
- Put on a cotton ball under pillow for a nice smell and helpful sleep.
- Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage oil for a relaxing massage.
- Calm restless leg syndrome with 2-3 drops rubbed onto legs.
- Put 3-4 drops Peace & Calming mixed with Epsom salt in warm water for a relaxing bath.
- To help stop nocturnal teeth grinding, diffuse Peace & Calming oil while sleeping.
- Rub Peace & Calming essential oil blend behind pet’s ears. Great for dogs who get anxious going to vet or overactive around children.
- Rub 1-2 drops on bottoms of feet to help sooth fussy babies.
PURIFICATION - An antiseptic blend of Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus), lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus), rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis), melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula x hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtuscommunis) formulated for diffusing to purify and cleanse the air and neutralize mildew, cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
- Diffuse Purification oil to clean the air and neutralize foul or stale odors.
- Put several drops of Purification oil on a cotton ball and place in the air vents in the home, office, hotel room or other enclosed area.
- While traveling, inhale Purification oil during flights to protect yourself from pathogens found in the recirculated air.
- Put a drop of Purification oil on insect bites to cleanse and stop the itching.
- Apply a drop of Purification oil on blemishes to clear the skin.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on the outside of a sore throat when it is first beginning.
- Rub a drop of Purification oil on a blister to cleanse and disinfect.
- Put 2 drops of Purification oil on two cotton balls and place in the toes of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
- Place a drop of Purification oil on each end of a cotton swab and place on top of your cold water humidifier to clean the air.
- Dilute Purification oil with a carrier oil and swab the nasal cavity to ward off the flu.
- Spritz several drops of Purification oil mixed with water to repel insects.
- Apply Purification oil and Peppermint oil diluted with a carrier oil to a cotton swab and rub just inside the ear to eliminate ear mites in cats and dogs.
THIEVES - Thieves is a highly antibacterial blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary. Thieves got its name from the 15th century thieves who rubbed these oils on themselves during the plague so as not to contract disease while robbing the dead and dying. When they were caught, they exchanged their secret recipe for a lesser sentence. Thieves as a 99.9% kill rate against airborne microorganisms.
- To ease cold and flu symptoms, diffuse Thieves in a room. Rub a drop on the bottom of feet. Place one drop in a glass of water and drink.
- Mix 12-15 drops with distilled water in a 4 oz. aluminum spray bottle to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
- Drop 2-4 drops of Thieves in water and gargle to help relieve strep throat symptoms. Dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil and apply to throat and back of neck.
- Mix 8-12 drops with water in a 4 oz. spray bottle to repel insects on your flowers and plants.
- For warts: apply topically, inhale and take 2-3 drops in a capsule to help them reduce in size and disappear.
- Put a few drops of Thieves in the detergent receptacle of your dishwasher for a germ killing cleaning cycle.
- Put a few drops in your carpet cleaner or on your vacuum filter to disinfect carpet and freshen the room.
- Diffuse Thieves to kill mold wherever it is present.
- Put a drop on the tip of your tongue to help with smoking cessation. A drop on the tip of your tongue can also help with food cravings.
- To help with gingivitis and bleeding gums, rub 1-2 drops of Thieves on gums twice daily until gone. If this oil feels too hot, dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil.
- To ease laryngitis, put a drop under your tongue to help restore your voice.
- Drop or rub 1 drop of Thieves on the infection or nail bed 2-3 times daily until gone.
- Add 2-4 drops to your washing machine for cleaner laundry.
Valor works with the body’s electrical and nervous system, bringing alignment and balance throughout the whole body. Valor is often called “Chiropractor in a bottle.
- Rub a few drops of Valor over the heart, neck, wrists and over the bottom of the feet to relieve fear and anxiety
- Massage 2 drops of Valor on your neck to relieve stiffness
- Apply Valor to the big toes and the bottoms of feet to help with sleep apnea and stop snoring.
- Rub Valor on the jaw before bed and in the morning to ease TMJ pain.
- Rub Valor on joints to ease the symptoms of arthritis
- Drop onto hands and deeply inhale to ease fear and phobias.
- Apply 2 drops to the heals of your feet to relieve sciatica pain
- Diffuse at night for a peaceful nights rest.
- Rub on the bottom of feet to help align and balance the body systems.
- Apply 1-3 drops to the bottoms of feet to strengthen the immune system.
- Rub a few drops on stretch marks in the morning and at night to reduce redness and lessen visibility.
- Apply 1-2 drops on sun-damaged spots or age spots, 2 times daily until gone.
- Dilute 50/50 with a carrier oil and apply 3-5 times daily to blisters until healed.
- Apply 1-2 drops twice daily to warts until warts are completely gone. (May take up to two weeks)
- Diffuse or inhale to help depression and to elevate mood.
- Add a drop to wounds or use during your daily facial cleansing to prevent acne scarring. It may also be beneficial in reducing the appearance of scars when used daily.
- Use 1-2 drops of Frankincense on back of neck and temples to improve concentration.
- To reduce inflammation, put a few drops in capsule and take internally orally or apply topically.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Frankincense to itchy skin to stop itching.
- Apply 1 drop on nails to help strengthen brittle or weak fingernails.
- Add to your bath water, massage into your scalp or on your chest to help with mental fatigue.
MEDICAL DISCLOSURE: This information is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. None of the opinions expressed here are meant to diagnose or treat any disease or illness. You should always consult your healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for your own situation or if you have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.