Monday 4 March 2013

Coffee and an Art Journal

I find it very interesting how it seems that as an Art Journaler (is that a real word?) you should have a blog. I started a blog once, back when I was in college, but it didn't last longer than a few months. Something happened to my provider and I've never been able to retrieve its contents. 

So, here I am again, I hope this time to be able to post pics of my creations and eventually have tutorials and resources available for others to join in the fun of art journaling. ...which I must mention, is also interesting to me... "art Journaling" isn't a real term. It should be "art journalising" yet in the community, this is how it's used. I wonder how long until it becomes a recognised word... 'journaling', that is.

Why "Coffee and an Art Journal" you ask? Well, I've always been a coffee fanatic, it's rare when you don't see me with a coffee within hand's reach. My online handle typically is something with the word 'coffee' in it. It seems, just to me, to be a part of who I am online. So 'coffee' had to be part of the name. As far as the rest, I wanted a name that mixed my love of coffee with my love of art journaling and this is what you get. 

I think I will find it interesting how in a few years when I look back at this blog, I hope to see a significant difference in my artistic abilities. Here's a glimpse at my current achievements:

(And in true style of someone who's never used blogger before, here it is on its side. I'll soon figure out how to turn the pics.)


No comments:

Post a Comment