Friday 20 June 2014

overwhelmed...

Oh my. I have not been here in MUCH TOO LONG!!! Days have blended into nights which have blended into weekends which have, in turn, blended back into weekdays. I've had a terrible head/chest cold for three weeks and have not gotten much art done lately. However, in the month or so before my cold I did get a lot done. Mostly for DLP (Documented Life Project)




 Use a stamp in an unusual way... my borders are Ws, Ns, Vs, and a swirly type w, I think...





I bought this Purpleleaf Cherry Blossom bush and wanted so desperately to plant it in our yard...

Isn't it gorgeous?!? ...turns out we found out it can be picky and Kevin didn't want to chance it dying on us so I returned it... :(
 DLP "add a house"





This one's copied from the amazing Lindsay Ostrom... oh, she is so talented...

I decided that in the absence of the purpleleaf cherry tree/bush that my neighbour's tree is gorgeous and would make me smile.

experimental paint backgrounds...








Christina was so kind to watch our girls so Kevin and I could go out for dinner on our 20 year anniversary (dating, not married - our 11 year marriage anniversary is next week) and when she was hanging out with the girls she drew these flowers. I LOVE THEM and vowed to use them in my journal...



















On top of being sick, I refinished a desk and planted the whole garden... here's the 'before' of the desk...



And the 'after'... although it still needs a coat of protective wax...


And my baby graduated Kindergarten. I can't believe how time is flying by!!! ...I guess that's how I didn't get around to blogging for over a month!



2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love all these gorgeous DLP pages!! Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, hope you are feeling better! Great job on painting that desk. It seems to me I've seen that red on some other furniture recently, haven't I? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what you can with what you have, where you are. Create what you love, love what you create. *wink*

      Delete